The urban dictionary:

dribble-drabble: simply verbal nonsense. Often spoken by toddlers, nappy-babies or ME.



Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Jesus in me, the Hope of Glory

I have worked at a Community College for over 16 years interacting successfully with students and co workers of all faiths, ethnicities, and sexual orientations. I love my job and the students I teach. I'm a fairly liberal Christian. That does not mean I agree with everything I am exposed too, but I believe in freedom of choice. Not everything we choose is right, but we have the right to choose. Ask Adam. I believe you cannot force feed your convictions on another person. That always backfires. Look at history! Live by example. The best influence you will ever have in this world is by living your life filled with love, joy and peace. Christianity is the Good News. It is not a dictatorship, or a religion, or a political party. What is the good news???  In a nutshell Jesus, on the cross, took care of my sin which separated me from God. That's GOOD NEWS. God is not mad at me. He loves me. 

As I walk out my christian life I have developed my own personal convictions. If you ask me I will be honest with you and tell you what I think. I will talk to you as an adult, not a child, and not a Princess. I will try not to give you a "I know it all answer" because I don’t. There are only a few things in this world that I consider black and white truths. Salvation being number one. We get to heaven through the blood of Jesus and after that it's the 10 commandments. The rest is up for discussion. 


I think most of our daily choices are gray areas and we will be held responsible before God for those choices. Not our family, not our neighbors, not our country and not even our political party. We will stand before God. So I refuse to take sides in politics. I vote my convictions. Taking sides does nothing but divide. Of course I lean one way, but my views are not more important than my relationships with the people in my life. Their views are important too, whether we agree or not. This is called mutual respect. Man created in the image of God. We are all valuable. Red and yellow black and white. We are precious in His sight. 

A lot of conflicts are caused my misunderstanding between you and another family member or co worker. I do not want to takes side. That divides. I try to remain a neutral party. I am not required to share my opinion on everything. 


I do not agree with everything I was taught. I grew into my beliefs through experiences both bad and good.  I own them. They are mine. No one else dictates to me what I should think. 

I refuse to surround myself with people who only agree with my point of view; that is called rubber stamping. It is an unrealistic way to live and creates a distorted reality. Television, especially the news is a sure way to distort your reality. 

I can retain my personal convictions with out being unloving, or unkind. 

I refuse to participate in needless drama.  I have enough in my own life. 

I believe in boundaries. Boundaries that keep toxic people from hurting me, but this can usually be done without completely severing family ties. Simply say no. It takes strength to say no and refuse to engage in unhealthy drama. Be honest. Speak the truth in love. I try not to add gasoline to a fire, or be the gasoline! 

And lastly, the only one you can control is yourself, and that is never easy. So I try to work on myself. That will keep me busy for the rest of my life! And by chance if we meet and you see something in me you like, that's the character of a loving Jesus working in and through me. Jesus in me, the hope of glory.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment